This is a classic, old fashioned apple pie recipe...with a short cut-- use refrigerator pie crusts! So quick, easy and so impressive! Try it!
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. If you don't want to do the lattice, top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute.I used a fork and went all around the edges. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. Or if you would like to do a lattice top like I did in the picture, here's a short video showing how to do it....it's REALLY easy!
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.