This is such a delicious summer time recipe. If you are growing tomatoes this year, make sure and save this recipe for when your fresh-out-of-the garden tomatoes are ripe later in the season! It's a very versatile recipe, you could even use cherry or grape tomatoes. You can even change it up a little--make it more of a Greek salad by using kalamata olives and sprinkle some feta cheese over it.
Tomato Artichoke Heart Salad
- 5 large tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine everything. Enjoy immediately.